Skretting's focus has been and will continue to be on food quality. We are conscious of our place in the value chain and the responsibility we bear to deliver confidence in our customers products through traceability, exacting formulation and purchasing standards. Our extensive quality control of its finished feed and feed ingredients is managed through our quality system.
- Our feeds do not contain any antibiotics, growth promoters or hormones.
- Skretting's purchasing policies ensure that we only purchase fish meal and fish oil from those countries that have managed fisheries. This ensures that fish grown on our feeds would meet all stringent European Union and Japanese standards for contaminations in food products. We also undertake regular monitoring of our feeds for comtaminants.
- Our policy on genetically modified organisms is to purchase our ingredients on a GMO free basis. We are GMO free as defined European and Japanese standards.
- Our parent company, Nutreco, maintains strict controls on use of raw materals and has a dedicated food quality executive, and supporting team, reporting directly to the Executive Board. Nutreco acts in an auditing role regarding the operating companies to ensure that we are adhering to company food safety policies. Nutreco has taken the lead in producing a Social & Environmental Report outlining its commitment to safety and sustainability. This is available to download from the Nutreco website.
- ISO 9001: 2000, Quality Management System Standards for which Skretting's manufacturing site and headoffice are certified approved by SGS.